1 of 11
The Perfect Job Interview In 8 Simple Steps
Published on Nov 18, 2015
MORE DECKS TO EXPLORE
THE PERFECT JOB INTERVIEW IN 8 SIMPLE STEPS
TIPS FROM JEFF HADEN
HERE ARE 8 PRACTICAL WAYS TO SHINE
Never count on your qualifications and experience to outweigh a bad interview.
Fu Man Jew
1. BE LIKEABLE
Making a great first impression and establishing a real connection is everything.
2. NEVER START THE INTERVIEW BY SAYING YOU WANT THE JOB
Why? Because you don't know yet! False commitment is, well, false.
3. ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT REALLY MATTERS TO YOU
Interviewers respond positively to people as eager as they are to find the right fit.
4. SET A HOOK
Hooks make you memorable and create an anchor for interviewers to remember you by.
5. KNOW WHAT YOU CAN OFFER IMMEDIATELY
Find a way you can hit the ground running or contribute to a critical area.
6. DON'T CREATE NEGATIVE SOUND BITES
Share applicable experiences and find the positives in what you have done.
7. ASK FOR THE JOB BASED ON FACTS
Use your sales skills and qualifications to prove you want (and deserve) the job.
8. REINFORCE A CONNECTION WITH YOUR FOLLOW-UP
Following up based on something you learned during the interview is best.
Jeff Haden |
Team Haiku Deck
Haiku Deck Premium User