Periscope lets you broadcast live
video to the world. Going live will
instantly notify your followers who
can join, comment and send you
hearts in real time. The more
hearts you get, the higher they
flutter on the screen.
Creating a Periscope account is easy:
1. Download the Periscope app from the iTunes App store or the Google Play Store.
2. Sign in using your Twitter credentials. If you have multiple Twitter accounts on your device, you will be prompted to choose which one you want to sign up with.
3. Your Twitter profile picture and bio will migrate over to your Periscope account, and we will build a list of suggested followers based on who you follow on Twitter. Remember, Periscope doesn't automatically import your Twitter followers.
4. Enter your name. Choose a Periscope username (handle). This can be different from your current Twitter handle.
REPLAY: When your broadcast is over, you can make it available for replay so viewers can watch later. Viewers can replay your broadcast with comments and hearts to relive the full experience. Replays currently last 24 hours. You can delete your replay at any time.
PRIVATE: If you want to broadcast to specific people, press the lock icon before going live and choose who you want to invite to your broadcast.
TWITTER: You can choose to share your Periscope broadcasts on Twitter by tapping the bird icon before you start broadcasting. When you go live, you’ll tweet a link so that your Twitter followers can watch on the web (or in the app.)
MANAGE NOTIFICATIONS: Periscope will suggest people for you to follow based on your Twitter network. You can always follow new people, or unfollow them if you don’t want to be notified when they go live. You can also adjust notification preferences in Periscope Settings (in Profile.)
HEARTS: Periscope keeps track of how many hearts you get from your viewers. The more hearts, the higher you get in the “Most Loved” list.
Ways to Use the Periscope app:
- Interactive Student Support
- Share Student Feedback
- Share Breaking News
- Enhance Interviewing Skills
- Showcase What's Going On In The Classroom
- Provide A Hook For Class Material
- Connect With Others
- Run a Question and Answer Session
- Use As A Messaging Tool
- Conduct A Survey
- Engage Learners In And Out Of The Classroom
Let's Give It A Try:
- Open the Periscope App
- In the bottom right-hand corner, there is an icon that has three people. Click there.
- Click on the magnifying glass in the top left-hand corner.
- Type in @darlenesmithws and tap the + button.
- Let's get started!
- Send me your "handle" by email so I can start following your broadcasts.
- After I acknowledge your email, produce a live broadcast so you can practice using the app.
- I will be notified when you start your broadcast because I am following you.
- Have fun!
- Let's get started!