MY PATHWAY THROUGH "PATHWAYS"
- 7th year teaching
- AP Stats, Algebra, "Applied Math"
- Previous experience as an electrician
- Undergrad in social studies ed
- EXCEL! (the software)
- "Real-world" math is stats-driven
- The university promise is a lie
- Don't be a tourist
- Keep an open mind
- Ask CONTENT RELATED questions
- Look for surprises
- Stats-based equation writing
- Using stats to analyze trends
- Sorting for relevance
- Writing about math (backing up decisions)
What I Learned in the "Real World" This Semester
Find a balance between innovation and your curriculum expectations
Integrating technology: Plan for best case, be prepared to adapt
Don't wait to start.