LIFE OF MOTHER TERESA
- She was born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje, Macedonia.
- Her birth name was Anjeze Gonxhe Bojaxhiu, but was known as Agnes as a child.
- She considers her real birthday August 27, the day on which she was baptized.
- Her father died when she was only eight and her family then moved to Tirana, Albania.
- At age 18, she left her family at home and joined the Sisters of Loreto.
LIFE WITH THE SISTERS
- The Sisters of Loreto were a religious congregation of women
- They devoted their lives to missionary and other apostolic work
- Agnes moved with the sisters to Darjeeling, India
- There she became a nun on May 24, 1931
- She worked at St. Teresa's school and then decided to be known as Teresa
HER LIFE THEN CHANGED FOR THE GREATER
THE CALL WITHIN A CALL
- Teresa was on a train to Darjeeling on September 10, 1946 when she received her call.
- She said that God had told her to life a life of poverty and leave her convent.
- She took Gods word and left the convent for the slums of India.
- Before going to the slums, she learned about health at the Patna Medical MIssion.
- Then she went to live with the poor in December of 1948.
MOTHER TERESA'S MISSION
- Teresa wanted to teach children of the town basic things and of God.
- She founded a small hut and taught small groups of people.
- As people heard of her, they donated a lot of money to her and her teaching.
- Her school grew and she petitioned to start her own order of nuns.
- Pope Pius XII accepted her petition which formed the Missionaries of Charity
TERESA'S INFLUENCE TODAY
- Her Missionaries of Charity are still around and running today.
- People today still choose her way of life by serving the poor.
BOTH CONSIDERED PROPHETS
- Both of them passed down God's word for their entire lives.
- Both received a message from God.
- Mother Teresa's message was straight to God to her
- Joshua's was passed down from Moses to him from God
Both of these great religious figures have started great things. They were the roots of some of the greatest lifestyles ever.
JOSHUA WAS THE BASE OF PASSING DOWN THE LAW OF GOD
These prophets relationship with God was the whole key. Everyone has a relationship with God and these people took their relationships to the heart.
We need to follow these prophets way of life by spreading the good news of God, and by not letting the poor become "the other".