and strength they will receive
• None shall stay you (1:5).
• You shall receive strength such as is not known among men (24:12).
• I myself will go with you and be in your midst. Nothing shall prevail against you (32:3).
• Power shall rest upon you. I will be with you, and go before your face (39:12).
• Your enemies will not have power over you (44:5).
• The Lord will stand by you (68:6).
• No weapon formed against you shall prosper (71:9).
• I will uphold you (93:51).
• The gates of hell shall not prevail against you (17:8).
• You shall have power to declare my word (99:2).
• Your tongue shall be loosed, and you will have the power of God unto the convincing of men (11:21).
• Your mouth shall be filled and you shall become even as Nephi of old (33:8).
• You will not be confounded. It shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man (84:85; 100: 5)
• Your words shall be scripture; shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, and shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation (68:4).
• Your arm will be God's arm. He will be your shield and buckler; He will gird up your loins; and put your enemies under your feet (35:14).
Other blessings the Lord has promised to those who share the gospel relate to personal purity and increased faith:
• You shall stand blameless before God (4:2).
• You shall be lifted up at the last day (17:8).
• You will be given a testimony of the words of the prophets (21:9).
• You shall have revelations (28:8).
• Your sins will be forgiven (31:5; 36:1; 60:7; 62:3; 84:61).
• You shall have great faith. (39:12).
• You will be able to keep God's laws (44:5).
• The Lord will make you holy (60:7).
Still other blessings for those who engage in missionary work pertain to happiness, health and prosperity:
• You shall have blessings greater than the treasures of earth (19:37-38).
• Your back shall be laden with sheaves (31:5; 33:9).
• I will take care of your flocks (88:72).
• Your family shall live (31:5).
• The Lord will prepare a place for your family (31:6); will provide for them; and open an effectual door for them from henceforth (118:3).
• You shall not be weary in mind, ... neither in body, limb nor joint ... and you shall not go hungry, neither athirst (84:80)
• A hair from your head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed (84:80, 116).
• Your joy shall be great (18:14-15).
• I will bear you up as on eagles' wings; and you shall beget glory and honor to yourself and unto the Lord's name (124:18).
And perhaps most extraordinary of all, He has promised to fill us and our work with the Holy Ghost:
• I will send upon you the Comforter, which shall teach you the truth and the way whither you shall go (79:2).
• The Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record of all things, whatsoever ye shall say (100:8).
• I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left; my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. (84:88).
Speech given at Brigham Young University-Hawaii
April 19, 2011
Professor, Harvard Business School