What is it?
It is a syndrome caused by unequal crossing over between X and Y chromosome during meiosis in the father, where the X chrom. gets the SRY gene.
Once this X combines with an X from the mother, this results in an XX male.
This syndrome makes a person phenotypically male but genetically female.
- Small Testicles
- Female Pubic Hair Pattern
- Poor Beard Growth
- Tall stature
- No libido
Approximately 1 in 20,000 individuals with a male appearance have XX male syndrome.
Is it Hereditary?
- Rarely gets passed down
- Affected people can't pass it down because they are infertile
- However, there still are carriers.
- Main form of it
- 80 percent of people with this syndrome have this form
- Rare form of it
- 20 percent of people with this syndrome have this form