1 of 63
New! Free Haiku Deck for PowerPoint Add-In
5 Digital Must Dos-B2B Marketing 2016
Published on Apr 29, 2016
MORE DECKS TO EXPLORE
5 DIGITAL MUST DOS
Which areas should B2B marketers devote additional digital spend to in 2016?
What are the best approaches and tactics to focus on?
We've sorted through dozens of research reports to identify
5 KEY DIGITAL APPROACHES
Savvy B2B organizations have realized that content marketing is
a powerful tactic
Stuck in Customs
and that it can be made even more effective
by targeting content quality
not just quantity
B2B organizations are going all-in on content in 2016:
• 76% of B2B marketers plan to increase content production
• 51% expect to spend more budget on content marketing.
Marketers are looking to create better content this year:
• 60% say producing high quality content is a challenge.
• 72% are focusing on creating more engaging content.
MAP THE CUSTOMER JOURNEY
B2B marketers rank improving lead quality
as one of their top current business challenges
What’s the best way to get better leads?
By properly mapping out the customer journey.
Lead quality is the foundation of content marketing:
• 87% of B2B marketers say lead quality is a key barometer for measuring effectiveness.
Ben Mortimer Photography
Better leads come from a better understanding of customers:
• 87% of B2B marketers say mapping the customer journey is essential to digital success.
DIVE INTO PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS
Some 55% of B2B organizations are hiring for marketing analytics roles in 2016.
Because many have come to see the immense benefits of predictive analytics
NYC Media Lab
B2B organizations that utilize predictive analytics are 2X more likely to:
Riccardo Palazzani - Italy
• Have annual revenue growth rates above 10%.
• Have a larger market share compared with competitors.
• Exceed their annual marketing ROI goals.
B2B companies are using predictive analytics to:
• Understand how high-value customers engage.
• Target new leads and marketing opportunities.
• Optimize marketing spend to reach the right buyers.
Alex E. Proimos
BOOST SALES WITH MARKETING AUTOMATION
How can you nurture enough new leads at every step of the buyer journey to significantly increase revenue?
One increasingly important approach is
B2B marketers are investing in automation tools:
• 66% plan to increase their spend on marketing automation platforms in 2016.
Stuck in Customs
Because automation platforms produce more leads:
• Automation platforms boost the sales pipeline by 10% on average.
• Creating an integrated automation system isn’t simple
52% of B2B marketers say they struggle with it
but if done well, it can make your marketing more efficient across the board.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT SEM AND WEBINARS
Some 46% of B2B buyers are now Millennials.
This group is much more likely to research online before reaching out to a sales rep
which makes SEM and webinars more valuable than ever
They’re already champs; B2B marketers rank:
Justin in SD
• SEM as most effective paid tactic.
• Webinars as most effective unpaid tactic.
They’re widely used and growing:
• Millennial buyers do 12 web searches on average before reaching out to sales rep.
• 70% of B2B buyers view videos/webinars during the evaluation process
with 48%+ watching for more than 30 minutes on average
Visualize and Automate Your Marketing Messages!