2019 Nanovation Competition
What is your task?
- Identify a high impact problem
- Solve with a nanotechnology product
- Write a proposal
Who can participate?
- Ten (10) teams of 4-5 middle and high school students
- Teacher leader and UCLA graduate student mentors
- Create cutting-edge design and technology business proposals
- First place: $2000 in classroom supplies
- Second place: $1000 in classroom supplies
- Third place: $500 in classroom supplies
Example of topics
- Virus-inspired nanostructures
- Nano-architectures in energy generation or energy storage
- Superhydrophobic surface coatings
- Silver nanoparticles as an antimicrobial agent for various applications
Initial proposal includes
- What is the need you are addressing? (750 character max)
- What is your nano-technology based idea? (1000 character max)
- Who and/or what else can fill the need? (750 characters max)
- DUE: January 25, 2019
Initial proposal due by January 25, 2019
Submission form is online
Up to Top 10 proposals selected by February 8, 2019
Top 3 selected by
- UCLA professors
- Los Angeles business professionals
C(N)SI Kick Off @ UCLA on February 28, 2019
Final presentation and judging on May 22, 2019 at C(N)SI
- January 25 – Submission deadline.
- February 8 – Up to 10 finalists announced.
- February 28 – Kick-off meeting at CNSI.
- March 2 – Business workshop (teacher & mentors).
- May 22 – Final presentations and judging at CNSI.