Lesson to improve through travel?
- Creating Curriculum with Complexity
- Sample Curriculum
- How to find opportunities
- Abandon efficency
- Be a hoarder
- Try on, say "yes"
- Obsess over objects
- Think deeply
What Lessons Look Like
- Inquiry based
- Primary Sources (+)
- Student centered
1. Conquest is a dynamic process—contact results in the negotiation and hybridization--not just monolithic domination
2. Primary sources are not just textual
1. How did Spanish and indigenous cultures influence each other in the development of the "New World"?
2. Why do traditional narratives of conquest overlook the lasting legacy of indigenous cultures in Americas?
Students will understand the interaction between trade, culture, and religion by partaking in an interactive activity highlighting key cities and historical themes along the Silk Road
Tips to Travel
- list serves, blogs, newletters
- networking, google
- Look for "deadline extended"
- 2 recommendation allies
- Get creative with funding