WHO AM I?
- I am also your friend
- Friends are people who like each other
- Circle : (Name of child) is my friend
- Children take turns
WE HAVE MANY FRIENDS
- Who are your friends?
- Everyone in the class is a friend
- Friends can be of any age
- Family members can be our friends
WHO IS OUR FRIEND IN THIS PICTURE?
- Jesus is our loving friend
- He is always near.
- He will guide us when we pray;
- Every child is dear.
STORY OF LAZARUS
- How did Jesus feel about Lazarus?
- What did Jesus do for Lazarus?
- How do you think Lazarus, Mary, and Martha felt toward Jesus?
WE CAN BE GOOD FRIENDS.
- How should we treat our friends?
YOU AND A FRIEND ARE PLAYING, AND ANOTHER CHILD COMES AND WANTS TO PLAY WITH YOU.
A NEW CHILD COMES TO CLASS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND FEELS SHY OR AFRAID.
SONG: KINDNESS BEGINS WITH ME P.145
- I want to be kind to everyone, For that is right, you see.
- So I say to myself, “Remember this:
- Kindness begins with me.”
- How do you feel when your friends are kind to you?
- How do you think they feel when you are kind to them?
FRIENDS SHARE WITH EACH OTHER
- when we let another person play with us,
- or when we give some of what we have to someone else,
- we are sharing
- Sometimes we can’t divide up what we have,
- so we take turns with it.
- This is also sharing.
IF ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS IS HUNGRY AND YOU HAVE FOOD, WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
SHOW BIBLE - STORY : JESUS FEEDS THE 5000
- Because a young boy shared the food he had,
- Jesus was able to use his power to make enough food to feed all the people.
- What can we share with our friends?
- What can we share with our families?
- Review: Elijah and the widow of Zarephath
SHARING IS FUN TO DO : CHILDREN’S SONGBOOK, P. 253
- “Sharing my (toys, book, or whatever children suggest) is fun to do.”
- Do actions